posted Jun 24, 2009, 3:03 PM by Unknown user
updated Feb 14, 2012, 1:49 PM by Unknown user
- Please wait until Recipe Reader has booted all the way to the Cookbooks screen before you connect it your computer and try to sync it.
- Don't forget to press the silver Sync button when the software window says "Ready to sync."
- Use your email address (rather than your Key Ingredient username) when prompted to sign in to the syncing software.
- If you've already installed the appropriate software and synced your Recipe Reader successfully, and you get a "No Error" or "Invalid Serial Number" message, you might be connecting your Recipe Reader before the serial numbers have loaded (it usually takes about 30 seconds for the serial numbers to load). To see if your serial numbers are loading:
- Disconnect your Recipe Reader from your computer & close the syncing software
- Reboot your Recipe Reader
- If you turn the Recipe Reader over on its back side you will see a Recipe Reader label with a picture of an orange pot on it. It will have a combination of 2 letters on it, of which will either be UL or CE. Depending on which you have, please follow the instructions accordingly.
- If UL is listed, hold the gray manual power button down until you hear it beep (about 2 seconds). Then click the gray power button again to power it back on.
- If CE is listed, simply click the gray power button to power off the Recipe Reader (it will not beep). Then click the gray power button again to power it back on.
- Navigate to your Options screen (on bottom menu press the "More" button, then go to "Options")
- In the lower right corner of your Options screen, the serial numbers should appear
- If UL is listed on the back of your Recipe Reader, 3 lines of tiny serial numbers should appear.
- If CE is listed, only 2 lines of tiny serial numbers should appear.
- If the numbers are there, connect to the Recipe Reader to your computer and restart the syncing software
- if they are not there, or you still receive an error message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Live Help service.